This site is published by Barry Sookman personally. It is not affiliated with McCarthy Tétrault or any of its clients. This site is intended to be informational only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Nothing on this site should be understood to create any solicitor/client, contractual, fiduciary or other relationship.
Comments on posts to this blog are welcome. Comments from readers can encourage lively debate. There are, however, limits. Comments are moderated to exclude comments that are inappropriate. Examples of comments that are considered inappropriate are those that are
- offensive to an individual or an organization
- incoherent, rambling, unintelligible or irrelevant
- personal attacks, disrespectful or discourteous behavior, or those that are rude in tone
- hateful or those meant to harass or intimidate
- ad hominem attacks
- racist, insulting, or life-threatening
- serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- aggressive, coarse, violent, or obscene
- messages where the sender is not the author or where the author is not identified by name
- abusive such as comments that merely rant or to which it is not possible to produce a useful response
- conjecture, nonsense such as comments that contain unsubstantiated allegations
- defamatory claims
I reserve the right to select or to refuse to post comments that I consider to be inappropriate.
Uses of this site
This site is intended for information purposes only. Opinions expressed in any post may not be used in any court, tribunal, administrative or other proceeding without the express written permission of the author of the post.
Copies of blog posts may be used for educational instruction and for research, private study, and other educational purposes, as long as the dealings are fair. However, no communications to the public or making available to the public, syndication, republication, or commercial use is permitted without the express written permission of the author of the post.
Canada’s anti-spam law policy
From time to time, a blog post may include information related to a product or service. Any such message is not to be construed as any encouragement to purchase or acquire such product or service or to engage in any other commercial activity. By subscribing to receive blog posts, either by email, RSS, or in any other manner, you expressly consent to receiving such posts. You also acknowledge and agree that by subscribing to receive blog posts you are responsible for transmitting or having such posts transmitted and sent to you using the mechanisms you have selected. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe, you may do so by using the unsubscribe mechanism associated with mechanism used by you to subscribe to this blog. My firm address where I can be reached is our Toronto office.