If you’re looking for a conference you can attend, the Virtual IIC Canada Conference may be for you. IIC Canada (the Canadian Chapter of the International Institute of Communications), brings together the communications industry, government and academia to analyze and debate Canadian and international trends in broadcasting, telecommunications, and media production.
The Annual Conference has been moved online and will take place May 28, 2020, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET).
Participants will hear presentations on:
- Resolving the broadcasting crisis, Speakers, Richard, Stephen Armstrong
- Contact tracing applications in pandemic times, Speaker, Pierre Trudel
- Reimagining publicly-funded Canadian content, Speaker, Catalina Briceño
- Indigenous media in Canada, Speaker, Monika Ille
- Access to infrastructure for broadband deployment, Speaker, Leslie Milton
- Mental health and the workplace, Speaker, Beth Beattie
- Introduction and closing remarks, Grant Buchanan (IIC Canada Board Chair)
I will be speaking on the topic Communications Law and Copyright.…