The U.S. Federal Circuit Bar Association is holding an IP conference in Toronto on September 17, 2013. The conference title is Trade, Intellectual Property and Recovering Economies: A Search for Best Practices.
This unique event, sponsored by the Federal Circuit Bar Association (FCBA), has a fabulous program that includes the following topics:
- Patent, Internet and Copyright Litigation
- International Trade
- Views from the Courts and the Patent Offices
Some key speakers include the following:
- Chief Judge Randall R. Rader – United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Justice Judith Snider – Federal Court of Canada
- Judge Charles Bullock – Chief Administrative Law Judge, United States International Trade Commission
- Judge Timothy C. Stanceu – United States Court of International Trade
- Serge Frechette – Vice Chair, Canadian International Trade Tribunal
- Teresa Stanek Rea – Acting Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Sylvain Laporte – Commissioner of Patents, Registrar of Trademarks and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Intellectual Property Office
I am on a panel speaking on the subject of Significant Recent Developments: Internet and Copyright along with Michael Remington of Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP.
The event kicks off with a reception at my firm McCarthy Tetrault Monday evening September 16. The event is taking place at The Munk House, 1 Devonshire Place, Toronto, Ontario.
To register for the event contact Kristin Rafferty, event coordinator at 571-242-4200.