Yesterday, Rogers, Telus, Bell and Quebecor commenced an action against the copyright collective SOCAN. In the Federal Court suit Canada’s leading carriers are claiming a refund of all royalties paid to SOCAN under its Tariff 24 (Ringtone) tariffs since November, 2006.
BC vs Ontario: BC Supreme Court Confirms No Common Law Tort for Invasion of Privacy http://bit.ly/19bEcFl
Unauthorised access to medical devices possible due to password vulnerability, warns US cyber security body http://bit.ly/19bEawY
Breach of Confidence: Your “Friends” Can’t Protect You http://bit.ly/19bDY10
Hadopi third strike hits French file sharer were it hurts: Banned from the Net http://bit.ly/19bDMyK
Are Isolated Human Genes Patentable In Canada? http://bit.ly/19bDEiL
Court of Appeal Accepts Ontario Jurisdiction Despite Forum Selection Clause for Germany http://bit.ly/19bDxDT
Birthday blues in class action claim http://bit.ly/19bDojB
Sweden effectively bans government use of Google Cloud Apps for violating data protection rules http://bit.ly/19bDasI
- Recent Tweets
- The Chinese answer to The Social Network is a massive, pro-<b>copyright</b> <b>…</b> google.com/url?sa=X&q=htt… 4 hours ago
- U.S.T.A. Sues Filmmakers of ‘Venus and Serena’ for copyright infringement nyti.ms/13UHHwa 4 hours ago
- Retirement of Mario Bouchard from Copyright Board: Claude Majeau, Vice-Chairman & CEO of the Copyright Board j… bit.ly/15dMqZe 6 hours ago
- Blogged: Retirement of Mario Bouchard bit.ly/19KvqAW 6 hours ago
- Retirement of Mario Bouchard wp.me/p3flp9-2NA 6 hours ago
- This site is published by Barry Sookman personally. It is not affiliated with McCarthy Tétrault or any of its clients. Full bio here.