If you use software licensed by SAP you better read your license. If you have not yet acquired SAP software, you should make sure you use an experienced IT licensing lawyer before contracting. If you agreed to SAP’s standard license terms and use the software in a way not expressly permitted by the license it could cost you tens of millions of dollars in completely unexpected incremental license and maintenance fees. That is what happened to a UK company in a questionable decision released a few days ago in a case called SAP UK Ltd v Diageo Great Britain Ltd  EWHC 189 (TCC) (16 February 2017) .
- Computer and Internet Updates for 2018-06-19 https://t.co/bN3bIGzC4d 2018-06-20
- Computer and Internet Updates for 2018-06-19 https://t.co/F9wi66xo9R 2018-06-20
- Sweden’s singal intelligence law did not violate the Convention on Human Rights CENTRUM FOR RATTVISA v. SWEDEN – 35… https://t.co/B68kitt0Is 2018-06-20
- RT @QueensParkToday: Update on Doug Ford’s media subscription cancellation policy, I am having multiple gov’t subscribers cancel subscripti… 2018-06-20
- This site is published by Barry Sookman personally. It is not affiliated with McCarthy Tétrault or any of its clients. Full bio here.