Last week, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals released its opinion in the Flava Works, Inc, v Gunter dba myVidster 2012 WL 3124826 (7th.Cir. Aug 2, 2012) case. The central issue was whether Flava Works, the owner of copyrights in videos, was entitled to a preliminary injunction against the social video bookmarking service myVidster. The injunction which had been granted by the District Court was vacated.
Archive for the ‘hyperlinking liability’ category
- Computer and Internet Updates for 2017-03-26 https://t.co/c8kX04YSab ->
- More TV streaming services join U.S. market, leaving Canada far behind https://t.co/nfpMHerlMi ->
- Raid reveals how publishers are losing millions to book pirates :: Kenya https://t.co/N61m1K8foF ->
- Apple Wins Big in China, Ban on iPhones Lifted After Infringement Case Ruling is Overturned https://t.co/oDmLHnD2bq ->
- China and Korea join TPP negotiations in Chile https://t.co/pqcYNwhgsa ->
- UK official wants police access to WhatsApp messages https://t.co/8BiV7uYR8X ->
- This site is published by Barry Sookman personally. It is not affiliated with McCarthy Tétrault or any of its clients. Full bio here.