Last week, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals released its opinion in the Flava Works, Inc, v Gunter dba myVidster 2012 WL 3124826 (7th.Cir. Aug 2, 2012) case. The central issue was whether Flava Works, the owner of copyrights in videos, was entitled to a preliminary injunction against the social video bookmarking service myVidster. The injunction which had been granted by the District Court was vacated.
Archive for the ‘hyperlinking liability’ category
- "Detailed analysis of Federal Circuit hearing in Oracle v. Google: copyrightability is certain" http://t.co/peBs3iUycl ->
- "Is Software Patentable?: Supreme Court to Decide" http://t.co/4xyT7bJom3 ->
Email exchange not offer to license music Beastie Boys v.2013 WL 5902970 (S.D.N.Y) ->
- Copyhype Friday’s Endnotes – 12/06/13 http://t.co/N5uuz2A6gI ->
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day http://t.co/keFOn1WBry ->
- IPC accepts “unreasonable interference” argument in e-FOI case http://t.co/NtHF0Hpovh ->
- Computer and Internet Law Weekly Updates for 2013-12-07: Computer and Internet Law Weekly Updates for 2013-11-… http://t.co/eMB6ZmxsQr ->
- Barry`s tweats
Google Alert - CASL or (Canada anti-spam law) http://t.co/rc3DaWFsgV
David Lowery: Silicon Valley must be stopped, or creativity will be destroyed http://t.co/cXzpNWPMfA
Computer and Internet Law Updates for 2013-12-08: "Detailed analysis of Federal Circuit hearing in Oracle v. G... http://t.co/n1P8epQI2w
Four candidates compete to head WIPO http://t.co/tcrUtUcgFF
Dilemma Resolved: No Unfair Competition says French Court on protection for formats http://t.co/U5dO1ixAqU
- This site is published by Barry Sookman personally. It is not affiliated with McCarthy Tétrault or any of its clients. Full bio here.